Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Obama Strongly Backs Islam Center Near 9/11 Site
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 10:02 AM   #514
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Obama Strongly Backs Islam Center Near 9/11 Site

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubborn_d0nkey View Post
they are all the same
Funny how the 3 biggest religions share the same god and are always hating each other. That's religion for you.

Quote:
You're not the only person who had a hard working mother or a drunk for a father. hell I used to go to those jobs with my mom and a few drunken nights I had to dodge bullets that were meant for me .. you have your education now and I'm sure the reason you work as hard as you do is so you don't have to go thru those things again so grow up and don't use that a a crutch in life

Been thru it been burned shot at stabbed in jail n shit but I keep it pushing life aint about to keep me down

no saying the man is holding me down is a fact in my life and not trying to pull the race card but here in the prejudicial south it is what it is.. where you travel with a white person and they not get charged for shit on their record but you cause you're a young good looking black guy in the wrong neighborhood .. you must be a drug dealer so lets fuck with him before he puts his coal in one of our daughters.. trust me dude you're in a much better position than me right now
I'm not here to judge your situation, but why does this sound like a gangster movie made eons ago? I'm not aware how the "South" treats afro-americans, but c'mon, this is the XXI century, Rosa Parks and the bus seat situation were 55 years ago, shouldn't those Americans be less stupidly stereotypical? Even where I leave, not being catholic was such a blasphemy it would put you in jail/exile from the country 36 years ago and now you can be an atheist or muslim and nobody cares.

Quote:
I'm sure as smart as Freud is he is he could bring himself to understand any type of person he comes into contact with..
And that's why you fail, because if you knew Freud's work, you wouldn't speak like that. No psychologist is an all-rounder, they take specialties: infancy and/or teen age, depression, sexuality, killing intent, among others.

Quote:
you view it as not being Islam but if you were to walk up to them and ask them what their religion is they would say I am a Muslim .. either Sunni or Shiite or some other branch but they would still be Muslim.
Who's standard or interpretation do we go by.. heck there are over 3000 different forms of Christianity.. all that means is they count Christ as the head of their church.Mormons to me are Christians but some still label them as being a cult but they in my opinion are some of the MOST Christian people I have ever come into contact with.

I'm sure some have denounced these guys cause they don't believe in the "perversion" but those that are extremist who believe Islam must wipe out the infidels will see territory gained in India and china by other Muslims as a step in the right direction for Islam as a whole and thats all I've been saying.. not that all terrorists are Muslim . or that all Muslims are terrorists but due to the fact the terrorists and the peaceful Muslims share a religion they can claim victory by proxy
Let me introduce you to an example that might enlighten you about what Kael is trying to say: Satanists are Christians. Really, I'm not kidding. They borrow (or more correctly, twist) many symbols and values of Christianity, so they can be considered a sect of said religion. Now do you think a victory by catholics/protestants/orthodoxes/mormons/whatever will be celebrated by the Satanists? Hell no. Same thing happens to muslim extremists (like Al Qaeda) when moderate muslims have a breakthrough: doesn't benefit them or even goes against their intents.

tl, dr version: Extremists will not celebrate the construction of the center.

Quote:
Mother Theresa might not have had anything to do with profit but the bible doesn't tell you that you can't make a profit.. if so a lot of people will flood the gates of hell.
Indeed, Christianity isn't against profit, but it encourages the voluntary act.
Quote:
Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit. On the contrary, in Christ we speak before God with sincerity, like men sent from God.
Corinthians 2:17

Quote:
Do not charge your brother interest, whether on money or food or anything else that may earn interest. You may charge a foreigner interest, but not a brother Israelite, so that the LORD your God may bless you in everything you put your hand to in the land you are entering to possess.
Deuteronomy 23:19-20

Just 2 examples of many.

Quote:
I don't think they are gonna blow me up.. they like capitalism too much for that
This sense makes not.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
kael03 (09-20-2010)