Fandom Forums - View Single Post - yet another fail
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 05:25 AM   #34
That1CheezyGuy
Chuunin

That1CheezyGuy is on a distinguished roadThat1CheezyGuy is on a distinguished road
Re: yet another fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
Well to imply that this is a Texas manga is to stereotype the state in general. I was simply going with some of the more popular ones rather than the homophobic women bashing stereotype the person I was responding to was implying. What's wrong with liking bull riding & football I think they both kick arse which was the point I was trying to make anyway lol. I'm surprised that you'd get mad over that rather than being stereotyped as a bunch of homophobs who look down at women?

I'm not mad about the stereotyping. Hell I'm not even from Texas but my roommate is and so are a lot of my friends. Any time someone says something stereotypical about Southerners I try to correct them. People from the Southern US tend to get branded as uneducated rednecks by media and all sorts of people. I still do encounter some homophobic and chauvinistic people where I live. They piss me off because they reinforce those stereotypes.

So yeah Memphis your argument is fail
That1CheezyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to That1CheezyGuy For This Useful Post:
Vengeance (09-28-2010)