Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Minnesota Mom Hit With $1.5 Million Fine for Downloading 24 Songs
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 07:34 PM   #45
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,657 Times in 1,600 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: Minnesota Mom Hit With $1.5 Million Fine for Downloading 24 Songs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiom View Post
Poor word choice. My meaning was.
cool=/=popular
cool=morally acceptable

It just seemed like an odd thing to brag about. As Miduro said under extenuating circumstances I would not look at it so harshly either. However wobbling into your local Walgreens, and walking out with a pack of disposable bic razors. Does not equal you battling against a perceived injustice.
I wasn't bragging about anything. I just used that to give some sense of perceptive in the example I gave. Nothing else. And I'm not saying I steal shit to fight injustice or anything. Not sure where you got that from. I'm just saying I don't lose any sleep at night over it.

Also I'm not even trying to make the argument that my actions are legitimate simply because I may have a reason behind it. Stealing is wrong, anyway you look at it. I just don't care. My sense of what is "morally acceptable" is just different then the normal views of society. I do what I do because it rewards me for doing so. Bottom line, I'm just a greedy person.

Quote:
It has been while since I worked in a retail environment, but the company I worked for had an acceptable/expected amount of loss per day/week/month. Now just having you steal their merchandise might not exceed that limit. Imagine though that a dozen or 100 people are stealing, and the loss is driven higher than whats acceptable. Your grocery store would then be forced to try and recover that money through 'raising prices'.

Thus you may inadvertently be battling against your own cause.
Not even trying to sound like an asshole or anything, but what others do is not my concern. I could care less if 100 people steal shit. They're the ones in charge of their own lives, and have to face the penalty for being caught. I do get what your saying though, and it sucks that my actions might effect other peoples lives. Though I will say the people who work at my local store are the biggest thieves of them all. I've seen many cashiers "sliding groceries" through the register to people they know. Every time the store has some promotional give-a-way (like a BBQ grill) the store manager (who is suppose to give it away to the customers) ends up taking the shit home. So yeah, I don't lose sleep over my actions, when there are others doing far worse.

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
KillerNN (11-15-2010)