Fandom Forums - View Single Post - What book are you currently reading?
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 01:00 AM   #979
candy
Academy Student

candy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What book are you currently reading?

Ok. What's happening here is that you obviously like Brandon Sanderson. Thus, you find it hard to accept or even consider that the quality of his prose as bad; thus, being human and such, probably had no idea what the fuck prose even meant, and while pretending you did, assumed his was good. Because you interpret reality in the most self flattering way; you like BS, so his prose must be good. Thus, you iterate nonsensical words and phrases (The difference between horrid and peotic prose is a matter of opinion? And so is evolution, yet the evidence is so insurmountable i'd as soon disbelieve my existance.) making no real argument, in an attempt to make manifest your deluded view of reality.

And to propose Sanderson's prose as good is to oppose reality(I will show you 10 critics reviews stating how terrible his writing is for every 1 you show me praising it).Than there's this fact you seem loathe to comprehend: this doesn't mean his books are bad.

Secondly, I didn't bash the genre. This goes along with your assumption that mediocre prose is equivilient to meaning a bad book and goes along with my assumption that your understanding of said word is, at the least, flawed.

And your last statement was a vain instinct to socially posture; make fun of my intellect by recommending me goosebumps, preceded by a statement that was nonsense in the guise of wisdom: purportedly conveying yourself as one of prodigious knowledge and intellect. Cool story bro.

@thebaron: Stop pretending like you have any clue what's going on around you; whereupon, by not spending your limited intellect pretending, you may actually begin understanding what's going on... See what I did there?

Last edited by candy; 12-28-2010 at 01:43 AM.
candy is offline   Reply With Quote