Fandom Forums - View Single Post - What book are you currently reading?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 10:39 AM   #995
RNB
El Topo

Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough
Re: What book are you currently reading?

Yeah, I am an anti-Christian, as well as an atheist. Left Behind sucks, putting its crazy "Destroyer Jesus" views aside.

To be honest, anyone who gets mad because you read something horrible needs to relax. Now, getting mad that such a book exists, that is a different question. Getting mad at the fact that Left Behind sells more copies than books that way better, that is also a different question. If they are concerned with you and your reading schedule, then either they are a best friend who feels the way to your enlightenment is by forcing you into it, or they are just trying to push their agenda down your throat.

I personally don't like any of the "series" books because you get through the series knowing some story that keeps you on the edge of your seat, but there really isn't much to think about, nor is there a particular writing style to examine. Yes, they write with different styles, but they aren't as distinct as some of the classics. The books aren't bad, it is just that there are other books which upon reading will be a better use of my time.

- Heraclitus
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote