Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Arizona Rep. Giffords shot, 6 killed in rampage
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 06:16 PM   #32
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Arizona Rep. Giffords shot, 6 killed in rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
She called it an ambush question and couldn't answer it because nothing was given to her on one of the pre-written interview note cards she's always carrying around.
Damn, those incompetent note cards writers!

Quote:
I've watched several interviews with her that had her answering questions by first restating the key word(s) of the question, then completely changing the subject to something not even remotely close to the topic while pushing her own agenda.
Truth to be told, many politicians are like that: no matter what is being discussed they'll push their agenda at all costs.

Quote:
Multi-partisan governments are horrible because they rarely ever agree with each other.
Oh they do, when they focus on a common enemy. Like the left wing ganging up on a certain party of the right wing and vice-versa.

Quote:
It's stupid how people can't agree with each other over "duh" things like health care
I still don't get how a simple thing that works so well in Europe was such a flamefest. If it was only the health insurance companies bitching about the change, I'd get it, but it was an whole lot of people, even people that would benefit greatly from the change. Really, the whole "death panels" argument was baffling.

Quote:
The last is a major issue with the Republicans. They keep going on and on about how Obama has done nothing to help the national deficit when he stated in his first speech after becoming President "It will take time to fix this debt, possibly longer than the 2 terms I can possibly serve". Hell, during the interim period when Bush was leaving office and Obama was getting in, Obama was with a team of financial experts trying to figure out how to best fix this debt and the depression we're in (this was less than a week after he was elected, I might add).
I know exactly what the problem is (since, as you might know, Portugal is also in economical turmoil) people want things NOW. They don't care if certain actions take their time, they must work IN THIS MOMENT! And even worse, people can't make some sacrifices. Be damned the possibility of the economy sink in a black hole, they won't give away an extra 2% in taxes and they'll RAEG if their 10 000+ dollar salary gets axed by 10~20% and people receiving no more than 500 dollars aren't axed! So there's another thing that is wrong with politics today: people aren't educated on their rights AND duties.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
kael03 (01-12-2011), stubborn_d0nkey (01-12-2011)