Fandom Forums - View Single Post - The Longest Thread Ever v28
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 02:58 PM   #12991
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: The Longest Thread Ever v28

OK, question for the computer people. Any one have any tips/important instructions for setting up a server? My lab decided that after letting a brand new one collect dust for two years, they wanted to hook it up and dump all our databases and research onto it, or something to that effect. Its this big heavy massive dell thing.

Anyway, they called the building's IT and they were like "Oh, not our network? Go fuck yourself." because they are useless douches who only want to make money not actually help you in anything. So the powers that be turned to me, because since I'm not a completely ignorant scientist and have some exterior knowledge, they feel I am the best computer guy they have. Whatever. There's start up guides and a whack load of discs. Is it as simple as plugging everything in and dumping in the start up software? etc?
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Miburo (02-14-2011), Sensei-Q (02-14-2011)