Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Uprisings in Bahrain....The next egypt?
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 07:22 PM   #16
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,654 Times in 1,599 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: Uprisings in Bahrain....The next egypt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjalostboy95 View Post
I didn't mean as in war or invasion, I meant as in politically, sorry for the confusion there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anomaly View Post
State some reasons why the Western countries wouldn't invade Libya. And that's probably what's going yo happen if Gaddafi is defeated.

I'm certain the US (Obama especially) will try to stay as far away from the situation as possible. Given the disapproval Obama has at the moment, and his ongoing attempt to regain political momentum, the last thing he needs is for himself to be linked to the Gaddafi Regime. People have a way of blowing things out of proportions, and making innocent shit into something it's not....like this picture, which was a simple handshake at a UN meeting, where Kaddafi serves on the Security Council.

Truth the told both Democrats and Republicans have made deals with Kaddafi in the past to keep the oil flowing. Neither side wants that shit to be brought up so both sides are keeping quite about it. The ONLY way we might intervene is if the violence spreads to neighboring countries or outside forces try to actively intervene in Libya. In the case of the later we might ignore that as long as they don't get caught doing it. More then likely the US will advocate for the UN peace keepers to intervene in order to keep their hands clean of the incident.

Last edited by ask me anything; 02-21-2011 at 07:24 PM.
ask me anything is online now   Reply With Quote