Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Games and all things related
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 10:19 PM   #99
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all
Re: Dragon Age 2 (Demo release on the 23rd Feb)

Servo - Yeah, already have it pre-ordered and I'm hoping that the final product will be vastly different to the demo. Apparently this PC demo was just shit they put together last year for the cons and all. I'm still hoping for the best, I tried the demo a few more times and getting the hang of the controls just a bit more but still annoying. You can clearly tell that it was designed with consoles in mind first and like Mace said, while your busy fixing your camera, your team end up dead. I've been told by everyone who's tried both the console and PC versions that the console one is a lot better and easier to handle and I'm hoping BioWare don't fuck up and not enable controllers for the PC in the future.

Another little problem is not being able to zoom back far enough with the camera, in DA:O you could zoom on the PC version to a point where you could manage your surrounding really well, with DA2 demo you get like the typical 3rd person shooter distance and it's annoying since it means you have to move your camera around a lot more.

We'll see how it all goes, just that they really dropped the ball on this one. =/ While the first was made with PC gamers in mind, for this one they've decided to shaft them all.

Last edited by Demi-God; 02-24-2011 at 12:55 AM.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Servo (02-23-2011)