Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Narutard chat thread
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 07:57 PM   #14386
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,850 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future
Re: Narutard chat thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I agree with SD. It's a well known fact that PC gaming is more expensive than console gaming. I am not considering all the "free" stuff you can get with a PC because I think there are very few acceptable reasons for piracy. Even including the cost of my TV, I have spent more on my computers in the past 4 years than I have on consoles in the past 10.

Now, this is all based on remaining current with PC gaming. You can't compare the price of console gaming to upgrading your PC a year after a big game. When I wanted to play Oblivion, I got a new computer. When I wanted my laptop to be able to play Crysis, I spent extra on the GPU. When Skyrim is nearing release, I'll be upgrading the desktop I spent $1200 on less than a year ago.

To remain current, PCs have to be upgraded more often and at greater cost than consoles. PC gaming can be cheaper than console gaming, but you'll be months or years behind in games. Also, console gaming is generally "easier" in that it is much less error-prone.

And PC gamers can only cry when a game development company decides the dwindling PC gaming market is not worth the investment of porting the game from their console-developed original.
I...don't think that much upgrading is needed :S I am not a hardcore gamer, but there are many games which do not require you to upgrade as frequent as you sound it to be.
Being months late for a game - I don't see the problem. It's not like I'll die if I wait a few months for a PC version.
And indeed, there are only games for consoles, and there are only games for PC. However, many games get converted so you can play them on PC later, and that rarely happens for a console.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
Mal (02-28-2011), manta (02-28-2011), Sensei-Q (03-01-2011)