Fandom Forums - View Single Post - RIP Nate Dogg
Thread: RIP Nate Dogg
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 05:22 PM   #14
Kinako
Chuunin

Thanked 1,443 Times in 684 Posts
Kinako will become famous soon enoughKinako will become famous soon enoughKinako will become famous soon enough
Re: RIP Nate Dogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
Having a career and having a successful career are two different things. The fact that anyone would have to Youtube the guy is proof of this.
How was his career not successful? He might not have had "Jay-Z money", but he had success to some degree. Besides, I mentioned Youtube so you could get a quick view of the man since you had never heard of him.

Quote:
You see, this is the thing. If this guy were any good, you post would have been worded "rappers like Snoop Dogg and 2Pac rolled with him". Instead you make it seem (and rightfully so) like he was 2nd rate compared to these legends of rap.
I worded it like that so you would know some of the people he was associated with.
Quote:
So he was a backup singer, and was featured on other people tracks. Not that impressive.
I wasn't trying to make him sound like the "King of R&B". But yeah, he was featured on other people's songs. Became famous and made money doing so.

Quote:
Solo=1
I know what solo means.
Quote:
So he had one album that was it? Sound more like a one hit wonder. Being nominated for a Grammy is kinda cool, I guess. Not as cool as winning one.
If he was nominated for several Grammys, wouldn't it be safe to assume that he was known for more than one song?
Quote:
Thing is, if he were successful, we wouldn't have to like rap to know who he is. He'd break out into the mainstream like other rappers you just mentioned. I personally don't like most rappers, but I still know who a bunch of them are by virtue of them getting media coverage and playtime on the radio.
Hold on, let me get this right...
A person who isn't into rap knowing who Nate Dogg is = Sucessful?! No. That would be like me trying to gauge the degree of success of some rock band based on whether or not I have heard of them. That would make no sense when I know very little about Rock music in general.
If being on songs with rappers such as Snoop Dogg, 2Pac, Fabulous, Eminem, Dr. Dre, 50 Cent, etc. does not constitute being a mainstream singer what does? All of those guys I mentioned are mainstream, world famous rappers. I would assume that you know who they are. The songs that he was on got much airplay on the radio when they came out. You probably haven't heard of him because A) You may possibly be to young, B)You don't listen to much Rap, C) He had a stroke a few years back which cut his career short. Chances are you have probably heard him sing before without even knowing it was him.

edit:Tab...Go fuck yourself.

Last edited by Kinako; 03-16-2011 at 05:23 PM.
Kinako is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kinako For This Useful Post:
KillerNN (03-18-2011)