Fandom Forums - View Single Post - RIP Nate Dogg
Thread: RIP Nate Dogg
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 08:38 PM   #27
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,657 Times in 1,600 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: RIP Nate Dogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinako View Post
How was his career not successful? He might not have had "Jay-Z money", but he had success to some degree. Besides, I mentioned Youtube so you could get a quick view of the man since you had never heard of him.
So money equals success? :/

Quote:
If he was nominated for several Grammys, wouldn't it be safe to assume that he was known for more than one song?
I don't really watch awards shows or anything, but I believe they have awards for things besides best singer. Shit like best music video director, best producer, best song writer, etc..... Blah,Blah,Blah. The point is, it's possible to be nominated for several categories on the same album, and so having multiple nominations doesn't prove he had several successful albums.

That said, I really don't know, because like I said...I never heard of the guy. Which is kinda strange is he had multiple (successful) albums.

Quote:
Hold on, let me get this right...
A person who isn't into rap knowing who Nate Dogg is = Sucessful?! No. That would be like me trying to gauge the degree of success of some rock band based on whether or not I have heard of them. That would make no sense when I know very little about Rock music in general.
If being on songs with rappers such as Snoop Dogg, 2Pac, Fabulous, Eminem, Dr. Dre, 50 Cent, etc. does not constitute being a mainstream singer what does? All of those guys I mentioned are mainstream, world famous rappers. I would assume that you know who they are. The songs that he was on got much airplay on the radio when they came out.
This still shows he was only successful as a featured artist and not on his own. It kinda reminds me of Pharrell. That guy has been featured on a fuckload of other peoples tracks over the years. The difference is that Pharrell is a good singer (IMO), and went on to make awesome stuff on his own, and a ton of people know him, that don't even listen to rap/hiphop, such as myself.

Quote:
You probably haven't heard of him because A) You may possibly be to young,
Bad assumption on your part. I'm old enough to remember 2Pac, Snoop, and the "generation" of rappers that he recorded with.

Quote:
B) You don't listen to much Rap,
How did you know? Maybe because I said so?

Quote:
C) He had a stroke a few years back which cut his career short.
Irrelevant.

If his music were any good it would survive the test of time. For Fucks Sake, I listen to Black Sabbath, and some of their albums were made before I was born.

Quote:
edit:Tab...Go fuck yourself.
That's not very nice. Why would you say something like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinako View Post
I said that in response to the first sentence in her post.
Oh, I see. She said people are stupid as fuck, and you got all mad about it. Funny thing is she didn't say your name. So you basically assumed she was talking about you. So in your heart of hearts, you think your a retard? Subconciousness FTW!!!!

Last edited by ask me anything; 03-16-2011 at 08:41 PM.
ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
Miburo (03-16-2011), stubborn_d0nkey (03-17-2011)