Fandom Forums - View Single Post - RIP Nate Dogg
Thread: RIP Nate Dogg
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 09:59 PM   #33
Kinako
Chuunin

Thanked 1,443 Times in 684 Posts
Kinako will become famous soon enoughKinako will become famous soon enoughKinako will become famous soon enough
Re: RIP Nate Dogg

[QUOTE=ask me anything;1939251]

Quote:
Accolades from people who actually know what's good or not sounds like a good answer. Money definitely doesn't prove anything. Justin Beiber probably has more cash then this Nate Dogg guy made, but would you argue Beiber is a better artist? I hope not.
No I would not say he is a better artist than Nate Dogg. However, Justin is more successful financially which is what I go by as a measure of success. Justin has made 65.5 mil, while Nate Dogg has made 15 mil.

Quote:
After a little google searching I found the Grammy Nominations you're referring to. ALL 4 of them were in the categories of Best Colaboration, or Best Duo/Group. They were with Ludacris, Eminem, Doctor Dre+Snoop Dogg, and Warren G. I'm more inclined to believe they were the reason behind the nominations then he was.
If that was the case, then these would not have been group nominations. They would have all been solo nominations

Quote:
I'd bet you could have a fucking parrot doing backup vocals of Dr. Dre and that shit would hit the billboard charts.
Yeah, look at artists such as Solja Boy. But that still does not take away from the fact that you were attempting to say that becuase you did not know him, he was an unsuccessful artist.

Quote:
The song is Regulate, not Regulator. I thought you were a fan, yet you didn't know that.
Some people say Regulate, But others call it "Regulator" which is what is yelled out at the beginning of the song. Of course, you don't listen to rap music, so how would you know that?

Quote:
Now your just being childish to prove a point.
NO, I'm saying the same thing you have been saying this entire time. I do not listen to Rock Music. However, I know who Metallica is, but I do not know who Black Sabbath is. This does not mean that since I know who Metallica is, that they are more successful than Black Sabbath. This is basically what you were saying.

Quote:
Me too.
Good for you.

Quote:
But you could have just outlined a convincing counterargument for why she was wrong, Right? Instead you resorted to petty name calling, which is usually reserved for those who don't have an legitimate argument or find themselves lacking in intelligence.....or trolls. But you don't seem trollish to me.
When did I resort to name-calling? I called her "Tab", which is short for Tabris.
Shortening someone's name =/= an insult. Nice try, AMA.

Last edited by Kinako; 03-16-2011 at 10:01 PM.
Kinako is offline   Reply With Quote