View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 06:02 PM   #15062
AniMeFaN
Chuunin

AniMeFaN is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Narutard chat thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
You haven't answered the big part of my question. Why would I continue to waste my time on a degree that I'll never use and have little interest in pursuing? Why finish my degree and postpone getting a degree in a subject I've had interest in for the better part of 16 years compared to the subject I've been interested in for about 8? Even if I graduate in December with a degree in Psychology, I'll still have 2 years to go to get a degree in physics. Why would I push that to 2 and a half years so I can finish a degree I really don't care for anymore? That makes no sense.).

well up until recently you thought you would use it, so how do you know the same thing wont happen when you are part of the way through physics, lose interest the same way. why not just finish what you put all the time and money into since you are only months away. even if you wind up not using it you have it just in case. you can still get your degree in physics if you decide that is the way you want to go but it would only be a few months later that you start down that path, difference is you would have a degree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
I'm actually curious about your "psych 101" analysis of me, now. I need a good laugh. I'm betting it's something along the lines of "I'm scared to enter the workforce so I'm postponing leaving the comforted structure of school after being in it for so long", which is what a friend of mine said to me and is not the case. I want to switch because I have no drive to continue with Psychology, I have no idea what area I want to go to Grad school for. With Physics I know what I want, and that's Astrophysics (studying the phenomena of space or working with other physicists to create more efficient and better modes of space travel to allow us to explore the galaxy and beyond further).

did you laugh at your friend trying to help you? you sound delusional, whos going to pay you of all people to study the phenomena of space, and work on creating more efficient modes of space travel.
AniMeFaN is offline   Reply With Quote