Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Narutard chat thread
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 02:36 PM   #15148
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Narutard chat thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniMeFaN View Post
yea or im a realist who knows this kid who is 25 and been studying psychology for i dont know how many years is not going to be be hired for nasa to improve space travel
How can you possibly think that studying Psychology before Physics precludes you from a job at NASA? Did you stop reading my post where you cut off quoting it? One guy studied Liberal Arts before getting his engineering degree, which is arguably less relevant to the sciences than Psychology.

Quote:
i never said only geniuses work for nasa,
lolwut? Then the fuck did you mean to say here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by You, moron View Post
you are not gifted enough to work for nasa

Quote:
a semester at his college is under 5k i believe he stated. improving space travel is that out there. you would have to be extremely smart and probably studied astrophysics for a long time improve on what is arleady known. iwas extremely nice about it, all i did was say this is my advice on your situation and he responded by being an asshole. his asshole response eventually lead to me being brutally honest and im not sheltered i live in nyc, im not in some little town. i took a little over a year to get some experience in a bank which is hardly a waste of time in my opinion since i will be declaring my major in economics next semester and i aslo made connections withing the banking world.
Bolded is possibly the most idiotic pseudo-intellectual statement I have ever read in the entirety of my life. Here's how it really works:

Studying something for a long time improves your knowledge of what is already known, not your ability to improve upon it. Conventional thinking in any field is exactly how you accomplish absolutely nothing. How the fuck do you think science progresses? It is certainly not by continuing to believe that the universe is Geocentric, the planets are on Celestial Spheres, there are four elements and electricity is a fluid.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
ACt (03-28-2011), kael03 (03-28-2011), Kina (03-28-2011), kluang (03-28-2011), Nerox (03-28-2011), Numinous (03-28-2011)