Fandom Forums - View Single Post - VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 08:26 PM   #9755
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by superninja View Post
I don't know but I feel I've got to give my 2 cents, the discussion is part one Neji vs Kurenai right?
Well from what I've read so far if byakugan can see through visual type genjutsus it would help Neji a lot in that fight. But we don't know that for sure. I mean we could assume it gives some protection since byakugan is a very different sensory perception than normal sight or even sharingan. With byakugan everything is observed including the chakra that is being send towards you, if that helps we don't know. But another thing that could help Neji counter genjutsu is his good chakra control, Neji can send out his chakra from every pore in his body so that would suggest Neji has a good control over his body chakra flow. Since genjutsu works by changing the chakra flow of your opponent or manipulating the chakras of the opponent, Neji could easily notice something is wrong (in theory). That probably depends on the type of genjutsu though.
So basically it's a question of whether byakuugan counters visual genjutsu (links with byakugan users getting caught in such genjutsu would resolve that question, or links where byakugan user counters visual genjutsu).
I think someone with byakugan activated would be caught in a genjutsu, it would just be observed a little differently (through byakugan lens). BUT if the same user deactivates byakugan, then the picture will reset and he will release himself from genjutsu and vice versa (byakugan user with inactive byakugan could activate byakugan to change his perspective and release genjutsu).
Then also take into the equation the time, we're talking about Neji during the Chuunin Exams, so thats even before his 'epic' battle with Kidomaru. His abilites in my honest belief weren't good enough to take down a Jounin, to the death???? Uh - uhn, nope.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote