Fandom Forums - View Single Post - American Top Gear -_-
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 10:47 AM   #3
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: American Top Gear -_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkamaruChewtoy View Post
What did you expect? It is an american take on a popular british show... it never ends well.
QFT.

I love the UK version of Top Gear, the hosts are charismatic and their approach to the cars is detailed enough to answer all question without being nitpicking. They considered price, looks, power performance, stability on curves, adaptability to different terrains and worth of applications, among others. I even remember an episode where they compared the latest version of a car model (can't remember which, unfortunately) with the previous and said without hesitation that the extra price of the latest version due to new applications wasn't worth it because the performance improvement was barely noticeable and they weren't as intuitive as the previous version's applications.

Quote:
They were test driving Aston Martin's, one with a V8 and one with a V12
and the guy was talking about "You can only get this car up to 1 something-or-other-miles per hour, but the speedometer goes up to 2 some-odd miles per hour"
so besides the fact that he's to stupid to understand limiting an engine, he then had the audacity to say "Is that a British thing? Lying?"
Why not put some airplane engines on a RR and put the puppy pumping 5 times the highway speed limit? I mean, for them the difference between engine limitation and true engine limit is far more important than public safety!

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
Miburo (04-11-2011)