Fandom Forums - View Single Post - France banning the burqa
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 11:05 PM   #11
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold
Re: France banning the burqa

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkamaruChewtoy View Post
The only real problem with the law is that the French are charging and arresting the women. It really isn't their fault. They are brought up this way and told this is what they want, so they say it is their choice. This lies firmly on the parents, the Islamic religion and, as usually, a male self-imposed dominance over women. If you want to discuss otherwise, I'm sure I can dig up more than a few stories about what happens to women who disobey in these cultures/religions.

Also, I will admit - I don't deal with anything wearing a burqa or niqab. I just don't see them as people. At the most, they are floating set of eyes... like Casper.
I live in Malaysia and I never saw any Burqa or Niqab wearing women before. This Niqab and Burqa is mostly from Pakistan or Afghan or around that area. As far as I know they impose their male dominance upon woman in the name of Islam.

I speak of what I see here. I remember someone says the govt provide the law and support of one to wear tudung or scarf here. But it's up to the women to wear them or not because its pretty much between them and God.

And this is how most of them wear it. They show their face and hand. Like that hijab there.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote