Fandom Forums - View Single Post - The Longest Thread Ever v28
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 09:15 PM   #13393
gaarasandchick13
Jounin

gaarasandchick13 has much to be proud ofgaarasandchick13 has much to be proud ofgaarasandchick13 has much to be proud ofgaarasandchick13 has much to be proud ofgaarasandchick13 has much to be proud ofgaarasandchick13 has much to be proud ofgaarasandchick13 has much to be proud ofgaarasandchick13 has much to be proud ofgaarasandchick13 has much to be proud ofgaarasandchick13 has much to be proud ofgaarasandchick13 has much to be proud of
Re: The Longest Thread Ever v28

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkamaruChewtoy View Post
But that's cursory; you have me curious: what can surgeons do to your feet to make you a better dancer? Is this some sort of ligament realignment, flat feet fixing or they removing a few bones so you can fit into those ridiculous ballet shoes?
I'd post pics of someone else's before and after, but honestly, the whole thing's gross to me. D:

He's going to take my big toes, cut off part of the bone that connects it to the middle of my foot, and move the whole thing closer to my second toe. Then he's going to shave off the awkward bump on the outside of it. Then he's going to put a dead person's bone in my foot so that the toe doesn't get ridiculously shorter than my other toes. Pretty much he's going to make an art project out of my feet.

. The doctor said that it'll help with my walking. I didn't realize I was walking funny until he pointed it out to me, and that I'm doing permanent damage to my ankles, shins and knees.
. It now hurts to walk, in general, so it's gotten to the point where it's interfering with everyday life. I had to quit dance because it's getting ridiculous.
. Every time I put on the Pointe shoes, it would feel like I was being stabbed, and I literally wouldn't be able to move. And that was while ODing on pain killers. Thankfully I don't plan on doing much Ballet/Pointe in the future, but I want to be able to if it makes or breaks me getting a dance job.
. I'm a tap dancer, so I need to be able to use my feet. A lot.
. The surgery will also relieve some of the pains of my plantar fascitus (too lazy to look up the proper spelling), he says.
. There are certain things I physically can't do in dance, since I started. And no one really understood that it was because of the bunions until this year. if I had known it would get to this point so fast, I would have had the surgery way sooner.
. I'm going into musical theatre, so I need to wear character heels. I haven't been able to lately, since I end up crying in pain. Granted, when I fix them and go back to musical theatre, it will reverse the surgery a bit, but he says it should last me for at least 20 years, which is my dance life span anyway.

Being able to wear flip flops and open-toe heels without feeling ashamed is just a little bonus. haha

Jesus I talk a lot. Sorry, I'm just REALLY stressed about it. It feels like my whole life's at stake, because I've been so much effort into building this career opportunity up. To the point where I don't think I can do anything else. But I've started looking into some other things... I found out I'm pretty good at voice acting, since I have a squeaky voice. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I'll just leave this here.
Anyone know what ended up happening with the lady at the mall who fell in the pool while texting and walking?

Last edited by gaarasandchick13; 04-20-2011 at 09:28 PM.
gaarasandchick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gaarasandchick13 For This Useful Post:
Miburo (04-20-2011)