Fandom Forums - View Single Post - The Sony debacle.
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 07:41 PM   #8
Axiom
[something clever]

Axiom is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The Sony debacle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
Anonymous, who has been ransacking PSN with DDOS attacks for the past month, is supposedly denying any involvement in this hack. I, for one, don't believe a single word those 12 yr old assholes say since this latest attack accomplished their goals of fucking over Sony's PSN service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
I'm not convinced by Anonymous' declaration that they had nothing to do with this attack. It's too much of a coincidence that this happened just as they were attacking the PSN servers in an effort to bring the PSN down.
Right, supposedly anon announced that they would not take actions that harm consumers. Which is odd in itself I think, because short of a denial of service hit-that being the least provocative option-would be required to make something of Sony stature take serious notice. So I dont understand how they intended to flirt with that, their conceived moral line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Doesn't bother me much. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they didn't realize personal info was possibly compromised. DDoS attacks usually just overload servers, I thought. So I guess that would make sense. I dunno much about that shit though.

And I wouldn't do anything differently even if I had known. It's not like I'm completely oblivious to what is going on in my checking account or anything.
Well I dont check statements and monitor expenditures on a daily basis. The consolidation of finances revolves around pay periods, so we balance the budget monthly.

The ten days of silence was more then enough to max out a few thousand credit lines. More then likely yeah you're right. I and most people are probably all square. Thats not the only issue. Sony waited to even acknowledge the problem. Then blamed it on network hardware. Eventually a week or so later said, Oh it was an attack, and every ones personal information has been compromised. We'll get back to you.

Its not like Im going to throw my playstation out an airlock or something. Sony is a victim in this as well I realize that, but it clearly seems like they knew before they later claimed to know(and then redacted). As a consumer who pays into their services. I simply feel as if a courtesy memo is not to much to ask for.
Axiom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Axiom For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (04-27-2011), Miburo (04-27-2011)