Fandom Forums - View Single Post - The Sony debacle.
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 11:52 AM   #28
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Sony debacle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
No, but it does beg the question why they didn't bother upping the security on their user database when Anonymous announced they had access to the PSN login servers. Or did you not watch the 2 and a half min video of Anonymous explaining what they're doing to Sony?
How do you know they didn't? Do you know what precautions they took? Or the scale of the attack? We're not in any position to judge their competence, since we don't have enough information to do so.

I could be a trained martial artist and carry a gun and have a bodyguard or two, and most would believe that I have taken proper precautions against a possible attack on the street. Actually, most would consider that total overkill. But if a group of fully equipped navy seals or some shit swarm me I'm still going to get my shit ruined.

Also, if we're going just by that video for some reason, the dude who made it said that PSN wasn't a target since they don't want to target the players. You sure you watched it? =p

Quote:
Actually, they are an organized group. They do have a leadership group that authorizes these attacks. Said leadership group was the ones who made the denial of the most recent attack on the PSN servers(scroll down to the paragraph next to the ps3 picture). They say that different people work with the different operations, but it's the same people running the show (AnonOps) and several former members can attest to it (some have). Membership to the group is open to get in, this is true. But you have to remain "Anonymous" to stay in, once your discovered, you're out.
Anonops =/= Anonymous.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote