Fandom Forums - View Single Post - The Sony debacle.
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 06:14 PM   #34
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,707 Times in 3,839 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: The Sony debacle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
You're basing this all off a video. What they say is exactly this: "This is why Anons all over the world are attacking sony, and not PSN login servers, which we have access to but are refraining from attacking. We are not after the players."

Does that say they have access to 'user databases' anywhere? No, and it doesn't even imply it. It also doesn't imply that they have 'bypassed the security previously in place and could access anything and everything.' At all. Only thing it implies is that they are able to 'attack' the PSN servers, if they so desired to do so. Which they also state that isn't their goal. At all. You're misunderstanding shit here.
Do you even understand what you just wrote? "We have access to but are refraining from attacking" flat out states they have access to the user database if they have access to the login servers. Here's why: the login servers house the user database. How else do you think they work? You've admitted on several occasions you don't understand a lot of computer stuff. I've been keeping it simple for you because I've been working with computers for almost 18 years. I build them for fun.

Quote:
Not only that, but they also have stated that they didn't do shit to PSN. It really is an issue on sony's end, according to them.
AnonOps said they don't claim responsibility, but didn't rule out the possibility of several Anons working independently, as was written in the article I posted.

Quote:
So if you're going to take everything you read on some blog as 100% factual information,
My guild leader/friend works for the company Sony hired down in Florida to help stop the DDoSing attacks. He ended up changing his name on Facebook (Kojo Smith aka Jotaro (wow character name) aka Shane Dunn) because Anonymous cracked his work's database and got some of his information. He's been disinclined to state the company he works for for fear of them targeting him and his kid.

Quote:
then Sony wasn't in any way negligent with their security because nothing actually got stolen.
But shit did get stolen, user names/passwords/birthdays/addresses and possibly credit card information has been stolen by whoever was behind this hack.

Quote:
So your "The fact that their database was compromised says they weren't adequately secured" statement is still stupid, even if we ignore the whole illogical shit, because it was never compromised.
Right...the whole "We have access to the PSN login servers" means everything is OK on Sony's end. You wanna talk about illogical? And before you bring in the "I have access by logging in", again, you don't. Like I said, logging in gives you access to your specific sector of data. Anonymous announced to Sony that they had access to EVERYTHING as part of a threat to get Sony to back down on the legal action against geohotz and any one that visited his website.

Quote:
"It's an internal problem with the company's servers. "
Um...you do realize that's just an excuse to quell the masses, right? They announced a security breach in their system. Calling it an internal problem is just an excuse to get people to stop bitching. Public Relations 101, man. Spin shit to make yourself look better.

Quote:
Okay. What is "Anonymous' website"?
Youtube/4chan/any board that they can communicate with anonymously. You think they would seriously have a centralized website that federal anti-hacking agencies can trace IPs with?

Quote:
Where does AnonOps state they are "responsible for Anonymous"? Or "AnonOps runs Anonymous"?
Same post that says they aren't responsible for the latest attack and it was possibly a group of Anons working independently. AnonOps is the mind behind the attacks. They send out the videos and flyers calling out their targets.

Here we have a representative of AnonOps saying they run the operations and press announcements, while hacking into the Westboro church website during the interview. If you can stand listening to that retarded cunt of a church leader. If you can't, it's around the 8 minute mark that Anonymous hacks one of the church's websites, 9 minutes is the showing of the website hack.

Quote:
Basic research, right?
Research even you could do.

Quote:
Should be easy to post some links.
How about the video announcing their reaction to the excuse of maintenance for the shut down and proclaiming they will find other ways to get at Sony?
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote