Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Forum Manga Expansion
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 08:04 PM   #10
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Forum Manga Expansion

I won't read anything even remotely similar to naruto anymore. By that, I mean nothing hardcore shonen-ish. I'm not a weeaboo, so I don't know what that even means. But anything that even looks unmanly and baby I'm going to skip. So fuck you, bleach. Suck it, soul eater. Etc.

That said, here are manly and awesome mango, read this shit and I'll discuss it with you:

Vagabond

Fucking Musashi Miyamoto, the manliest little asian dude that I know about. Fucking goes around and duels people and lives like a goddamn beast. Some chick wants to bang him, but he's all like "Maybe later, babe. Now, to battle!" and then kills like a fucking hundred trained swordsman or some crazy shit like that. There's manly battlin' philosophy shit in the mango too, because fucking musashi is a goddamn badass who writes fucking books of five rings and shit. So he's all like "Don't look at the fucking tree because you'll miss what's going on in the goddamn forest, you scrub." You know, because stupid people just stare at a dude's feet or something in battle instead of going all zen style and not focusing on anything, but seeing everything, like a true fucking warrior.

It's pretty good, and the art is nice too. Here's a link to a site ACT just told me about (Gratitude, by the way, comrade.):

http://view.thespectrum.net/series/v...volume-01.html

Holyland

This mango isn't bad. Main character is a wierdo and doesn't fit in or some shit. I dunno. So he decides to learn how to battle, because why fucking not, right? So he goes around and battles other dudes and makes friends by being a goddamn street fighting warrior. Like he beats the shit out of some karate dude, and then the karate dude is all like "Hey, you're alright."

What's really cool is that the author actually explains battle shit. Like if some guy uses judo the author is all like "Fuck yeah, judo. In judo you fucking brutally slam the fuck out of people, it works like this." And there are pictures and shit. So by reading it you guys can get some sort of idea as to how to not be so goddamn unmanly. It's pretty neat.

Fucking link:

http://view.thespectrum.net/series/holyland.html

I guess deathnote and shit like that are pretty alright too. In deathnote some dude is killing people with a book. Which sounds stupid, but it's actually not that bad. I mean, the main character is suppose to be some goddamn genius, but he's somehow always almost getting caught killing people with a goddamn magical notebook. Which makes no sense at all. You don't even have to be anywhere near the dudes you're killing for fuck's sake. It's nearly completely untraceable in every way. Holy shit. But if he just chilled in his room writing names down the entire mango that would be pretty boring, so it works better this way, I suppose. Link: http://view.thespectrum.net/series/d...volume-01.html

I don't really remember what is going on in vinland saga, but it's got goddamn vikings in it, so auto-awesome. Link: http://view.thespectrum.net/series/v...volume-01.html

I can't think of any others at the moment. Obviously Berserk is good. But everyone should already know about that one by now.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ACt (05-12-2011), kluang (05-12-2011), Lightning (06-24-2011), NeoKakarott023 (01-30-2012), Scientia (06-25-2011), Sensei-Q (06-24-2011), Spiegel (05-12-2011), That1CheezyGuy (06-24-2011)