Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Damon Fowler, Highschool Graduation Prayer and the First Ammendment
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 04:24 PM   #9
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Damon Fowler, Highschool Graduation Prayer and the First Ammendment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerox View Post
I whole-heartedly despise God being in our constitution. Especially for the reasons you already mentioned. But since 1949, it has not been changed. And I think it would be about time...
I hope people that can change that hear you.

Quote:
It's sad that the religious drones are in so vast of a majority that atheists, who are more untainted thinkers because of a lack of religious bias, would never be able to obtain a position of power like the presidency. The second a candidate answers "what denomination are you?" with anything but some form of catholocism/christianity, their chances of winning the election plummets so fast is it leaves a crater rivaling the one that remains from the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs.
That's the thing that gets me, the cultural dissonance between us.

Right now we have a campaign going on for the position of government, and I heard nobody talk about their religious preferences, much less God. And it's not like in the US, where it's just 2 political parties that 78% of the votes are Christians, we have 18 political parties for 95,5% of Christians and not even a measly reference of faith or the Sky Daddy.

So it really puzzles me how you guys, living in such a great country that has so many examples of tolerance of minorities, still have to handle such insults to your own constitution, because the difference from what is happening in the US and what we had to struggle to get rid off is very slim and trust me, not even the Christians would want a faithful fascism.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Last edited by Numinous; 05-31-2011 at 05:33 PM.
Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
Miburo (05-31-2011), Nerox (05-31-2011), Sensei-Q (06-03-2011), stubborn_d0nkey (06-01-2011)