Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Damon Fowler, Highschool Graduation Prayer and the First Ammendment
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 10:36 PM   #13
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,660 Times in 1,601 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: Damon Fowler, Highschool Graduation Prayer and the First Ammendment

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkamaruChewtoy View Post
^ You just prove how pointless and silly prayer is by belittling your god... feel good?
It being silly and pointless, is the point. Why get mad over something silly? The whole point is that people are raging over the use of the word god, but can't find any actual flaw in the message that she gave. So if it's the word itself that's offensive, then by taking it out, the message becomes unoffensive, which just shows how much of a cry baby fag people are, by getting all mad over the use of a word. I find it a bit ironic that so called atheists are getting more overzealous at the mentioning of religion then the average christian gets defending his religion.

Quote:
There is nothing wrong with prayer - but it is a private thing or for people to do when grouped together as one religion. When it comes to a diverse forum, particularly one associated with a government, prayer strikes out as "this is what we believe and you should too" which is as insulting as me going to a church, getting up to the altar and announcing "there is no god and here is why he is unnecessary".
It wasn't the school that was responsible to this, so it's not like the kid was speaking on behalf of the government or anything. It was the act of a lone individual, who at the last minute decided "fuck to rules". Individuals should be free to act and believe as they wish. Also there are special laws that allow the use of god to be mentioned in graduation speeches like this, as long as it isn't used gratuitously. This chick mentioned god like 3 times total. She didn't break any laws.

Last edited by ask me anything; 05-31-2011 at 10:42 PM.
ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote