Fandom Forums - View Single Post - The Longest Thread Ever v28
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 07:21 PM   #13724
Tzu Men
hostis humani generis

Thanked 2,697 Times in 854 Posts
Tzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the rough
Re: The Longest Thread Ever v28

Watched it on tv, FUCK YEAH.

Robb Stark is smarter than he seems. But surely without the House of Arryn, the rest of the Baratheons, and the Greyjoys (surely they should be using Theon as what he is, a political hostage for bargaining?) the Starks still seem doomed against the Lannisters and royal forces. Nice trick with the spy though.

I the only person who is expecting the Targaryen/Dothraki army to sweep across the kingdoms at the very end of the story pretty much unopposed?

Everyone seems to be forgetting about them between the political conflict and the mystery of the white walkers. I can see the Targaryen/Dotharaki forces acting like the Norwegians in Hamlet.

I know it's partially based on the War of the Roses, with the Starks obviously being the House of York and the Lannisters being Lancaster - but Old Hamlet/fear of ghosts = the White Walkers, Claudius, Gertrude, Hamlet etc. = civil war.

The Dothraki horde one way or another is going to fuck shit up.
Tzu Men is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tzu Men For This Useful Post:
Mal (06-08-2011), Miburo (06-06-2011), Servo (06-23-2011), Shrike (06-07-2011)