Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Jilted ex-boyfriend puts up abortion billboard
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 04:25 PM   #6
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jilted ex-boyfriend puts up abortion billboard

Could argue it's libel since she didn't kill anything no matter what. She definitely didn't kill a child, even if you view it from a retarded anti-freedom point of view. A doctor did a medical procedure. Even if you believe something was killed, then the doctor was the one who did it. Not her. Though, without naming her or posting her picture or anything that argument would be iffy at best.

The dude's lawyer is an idiot with the "He's being truthful" argument. A better argument would be that he was promoting father rights or it was some anti-freedom ad or some shit. That's what I would assume if I saw a billboard like that anyway. Not that the dude on the billboard was being literal, because holy shit that's extra ridiculous hardcore douchey.

So on the issue of rights, so long as he isn't violating the law (libel, in this case) then he should be able to say whatever he wants. If he had something entirely truthful put on a billboard then that would be fine. The only other thing that would play a factor is the legality of sharing personal information with the public. I would assume there must be some law that prevents someone from sharing medical information, or other sensitive personal info without the consent of whoever the personal information belongs to. For example, you probably can't share someone's social security card info just because you obtained it by some means. I dunno what that would be though, I'd have to look into it. Still, that isn't really relevant since one could argue that he wasn't specific enough for it to matter. For all anyone knows he's talking about some chick he was dating on the side or raped at a party or whatever. He should be in the clear here, legally. Which is fine, he's only really showing everyone how much of a massive pile of shit he is as a person anyway.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote