Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Games and all things related
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 03:41 PM   #1010
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold
Re: Games and all things related

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi-God View Post
Civilization IV is on sale on Steam today for 75% off, I've never tried a Civ game before but always wanted to, for those that have played it would this be a good one to start with? If s,o I'll get it.
Absolutely. It's a very compelling game, especially if you're a history buff, and double especially if you enjoy methodical, deliberate, strategy games. Civ is no RTS; no twitch action required. It's a turn based game, but with heavy interaction with the map and other nations. There's four ways to win a game: culturally, by building (and defending) world wonders, satisfying your citizens, and being the envy of the world; domination, by wiping out all nations on the map; technologically, by building a spaceship to get colonists to Alpha Centauri, or diplomatically, by founding the UN and leading the world to peace.

Games are generally long winded, but very satisfying, because you micromanage your entire empire down to the worker. You have to balance your priorities with both the other nations and the resources you uncover on the map: broker deals to trade money, declarations of war, tech, or resources with other nations. Combat is very strategic as well, with unique units throughout the ages for each civilization.

I started in this franchise with Civ III, which kept me up well into the morning. I've played Civ IV and its an improvement on all front. So I heartily recommend it.

I haven't played the most recent entry, Civ V, yet, but plenty of people in the Civ community have said Civ IV was much better.

Last edited by Trey; 06-09-2011 at 03:42 PM.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trey For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (06-09-2011), Jaxon (06-09-2011), Miburo (06-09-2011)