Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Games and all things related
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 05:08 PM   #1032
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold
Re: Games and all things related

Ohshi-LN dropping KotOR knowledge all up in this fucker. I won't compare the two because I haven't finished the original KotOR yet, but I can talk at length about The Sith Lords.

Luckily, LN handled most of it. But I disagree with some things. First, I can understand where he's coming from by not liking to replay Peragus, but I look at it from a design standpoint, and Obsidian was really going for a horror feel. It's very slow paced, very deliberate, and spooky as shit. You have to piece clues together like you're fucking Scooby-Doo, and deal with shadowy antagonists who are revealed at the end of the level-arc. At first I hated it, but on my second playthrough, I respected it for what it was, and came to enjoy it.

Also, yeah, you can wave off Atton and Bao-Dur's personalities as boring, but their real depth comes from their interactions with the Exile, and their pasts. They really showed different perspectives on the Mandolorian Wars, and different morals that most RPGs don't even touch. The beauty of KotOR II is that you get out of the character(s) exactly what you put into them. Which brings me to the Influence system used, which in my opinion was the most organic, believable, and satisfying "moral RPG system" in the entire genre. Why RPG devs didn't just outright ape that system is beyond me.

But yeah, Disciple is all around terrible. And Kreia is very well written (my personal best written VG character of all time).

God damn, fuck yeah KotOR II. Gonna play it again.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Trey For This Useful Post:
Miburo (06-10-2011)