Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Jesus, not the first
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 11:25 AM   #63
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Jesus, not the first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishnu View Post
I see your point about fasting but you already gave the answer. The true purpose of fasting has been altered in my culture. And spiderman is a fictional character, we are not. Different religions over time told about about one god or more gods. Christianity has the most adepts because it's the most recent one. The politeist religions have been named pegan. So the men actually decides which religion to embrace.
It is certainly a weak analogy, but only because of Spiderman's lack of consciousness and ability to "decide." The point is though, a creation cannot decide whether or not it's creator exists. I'm not sure how you intended the original statement, but it was worded in such a way as to imply we have some choice in the matter. Obviously, if Spiderman did have some form of consciousness, it would seem pretty stupid for him to deny Stan Lee's existence.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say in the last two sentences.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Miburo (07-31-2011), Skullbat01 (07-31-2011)