View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 05:30 PM   #64
Scientia
Francesca

Scientia is on a distinguished roadScientia is on a distinguished road
Re: Jesus, not the first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Obviously, if Spiderman did have some form of consciousness, it would seem pretty stupid for him to deny Stan Lee's existence.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say in the last two sentences.
I think what he's trying to say is that if Spiderman had consciousness, and Stan Lee never revealed himself as his creator and no evidence existed proving thus, it'd pretty much be up to Spidey to decide whether or not a creator named Stan Lee exists (out of nowhere), since regardless of how he chooses, the presence is unidentifiable and basically nonexistent in the first place.

We humans are pretty much in the same position.

I think he was trying to go for something philosophical like that. That it is up to humans to create a deity to believe in. To bring that otherwise nonexistent, specific concept into existence, and thus make it exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post

Anything can be abused or corrupted. Just because humanity has failed to perfectly maintain something in service to God does not mean that it is inherently bad.
True. But it raises the question of why we have to service God in the first place, since we are so flawed and are bound to corrupt stuff. It makes things a lot more complicated to leave it in our hands. And implies some form of sadism, apathy, or retardation on God's part. Especially when he can just be like "poof, here I am bitches! Follow me, not other humans. I'll lead you on the good path."

Last edited by Scientia; 07-30-2011 at 05:31 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Scientia For This Useful Post:
Miburo (07-31-2011), Skullbat01 (07-31-2011), UchihaTaijiya (07-31-2011), Vishnu (08-01-2011)