Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Jesus, not the first
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 01:37 AM   #65
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jesus, not the first

Yo, probably kinda on topic since we're talking about god and shit:

Going to assume we'd all be in agreement if I suggested that watching a child be brutally raped and not doing anything to stop said brutal rape, despite being totally able to stop it effortlessly without any risk to yourself whatsoever, is pretty hardcore immoral and shit.

Based on that, wouldn't that technically mean God is a massive asshole since He actually does just that all the time? I mean, Dude sees everything. So He sees when kids are getting brutally raped. So He's basically just sitting there watching that shit and not doing anything. What a dick, right?

Now, when I brought this up to some dudes, they suggested that He doesn't do shit because that would violate free will, that it would defeat the purpose of heaven, that suffering makes us tough, and that if we understood God's plan then it would make sense.

I countered these arguments by suggesting that surely they wouldn't say superman saving a child from being brutally raped would interfere with free will, so God could just save children from rape in the way superman would. Or make a shitload of supermen to stop child rape, etc. And if heaven is dependent on child rape to exist, then maybe the whole heaven thing isn't a good idea. That arguing that child rape is actually a good thing because it toughens people up is a morally disgusting argument, because seriously, what the fuck. And if any part of God's plan involves the rape of children, then that's not a very good plan. He's God. He can't make a plan that doesn't involve the rape of children? Come on.

Which led me to play the grand counter of "God can do anything. So he could stop child rape while still not fucking with any of those things. He can make all that shit work, because He's fucking God. Right?" Which I would assume works against any argument presented trying to condone God's allowance of child rape.

Basically, I think I concluded that child rape exists because it's God's will. He basically wants children to be raped.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (07-31-2011), Numinous (07-31-2011), Scientia (07-31-2011), Skullbat01 (07-31-2011), UchihaTaijiya (07-31-2011), Vengeance (08-09-2011), Vishnu (08-01-2011)