Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Riot in London. We blame GTA
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 04:50 PM   #8
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,656 Times in 1,600 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: Riot in London. We blame GTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubborn_d0nkey View Post
So condescending considering you don't even know your country that well.

The national guard is military, not police.

P.S. Or maybe the last part was an apples and pears comparison. I guess I could give you the benefit of the doubt (though I'm not entirely sure which is better)
No shit Sherlock. I'm well aware that the National Guard is a military force. If you read my post you'll see that I referred to them as Soldiers.

The point was, using simple police forces against massive mobs of angry protesters isn't going to do anything, and that bringing in the Military would get better results. That's what we did here, and the problems (gangs; especially MS13), went away (or just went elsewhere) in mere days.

Back in the 90's, Britain brought in the Army in response the the IRA terrorist attacks, and had actually tanks cruising the streets. Using the same tactic might work out well here. Of course you would have to adjust the tactics for fighting civilians, like having the grenade launchers shoot tear gas canisters and bean bag rounds, guns loaded with rubber bullets, etc.... In any event having some heavy arsenals there would really assist the officers on the ground. Does that clear it up?

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
Sensei-Q (08-09-2011)