Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Jesus, not the first
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 07:00 PM   #175
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: Jesus, not the first

Wow. 4 people see a car crash at different angles, each come up with a slightly different account of the incident and therefore, god exists. Allow me to rebut:

Did you know some people don't like the taste of chocolate? Therefore, god does not exist.

Anyway, let's break down your example easily. Let's say that this car crash is indeed the supposed evidence of God. Four people few it, two see god and two do not. Now, what is the most logical move, to turn away, walk down the street and think "wow, god exists", or to go to the accident, take in other views of the wreck, talk to the other people and try and piece together from as much information as possible and decipher what happened and why people came out with different interpretations.

Guess which method you use and which method ends up coming away with no evidence of god. By your very example, four views out of what could be infinite is not enough. Therefore, as crystal as the witnesses perceptions are, they are not complete or the whole story and cannot be used fully to form anything that is the truth. That's why cops usually interview all witnesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi-God View Post
Whoa... the note is not real? Are you god?
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (08-29-2011), Demi-God (08-29-2011), kael03 (08-29-2011), Miburo (08-29-2011), Numinous (08-31-2011)