Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Jesus, not the first
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 08:53 AM   #212
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Jesus, not the first

Quote:
Which would be awesome. But yeah, that's like saying some countries are going to go extinct based on fertility rate trends. Just saying I don't think we'll be so lucky as to see that trend you posted continue, unfortunately. It's a big 'if.' = /
Fertility can be fixed, religion not so much. And I know it's a big if, but at least there's a light at the end of the global ignorance tunnel.

Quote:
I'm sure the decline will continue as it has been for a while, but your probably right about it never truly going away. At some point it's likely to level off, where all that's left are diehard fanatics that can't been persuaded with.
AMA, religions die. No matter how long or how influential they were, they just drop dead at some time. The Greco-Roman religion lasted almost 1900 years and died, Mesoamerican faiths lasted 2500+ years and went the same way, not to talk about the Ancient Egyptian's religion that lived for more than 3000 years and went extinct, among countless others. And how did they went? Either they were replaced by a newer religion or simply destroyed themselves and Christianity or any current religion isn't immune to that (actually, they face more risks with the imposition of science's logic and the easier access and sharing of knowledge through the media).

Even if Christianity has only the fanatics left in a near future, it'll die for the simple fact those fanatics will basically put themselves aside from society and diminish heavily their chances of propagation. I mean, only a fanatic of a dying religion would bang another fanatic of a dying religion and there's no guarantee that, even if the children are heavily indoctrinated, they'll stick to a corpse of a faith.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Last edited by Numinous; 09-02-2011 at 09:59 AM. Reason: typo
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (09-02-2011), kael03 (09-02-2011)