Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Technical Guide to Form Arguments Logically
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 05:58 PM   #41
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Technical Guide to Form Arguments Logically

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxMESTxx View Post
Well Fuck. It was a dude laughing hysterically. Not just because of all the stupid shit I read(which was funny in itself), but because even when there is a thread called "attention KYF" the dude still comes and has to attention whore this one.
I think he's not whoring himself for attention, he's genuinely offended with me for using terms of a theory of his to make an example for a fallacy. But he doesn't seem to comprehend I just made examples of things that popped on my mind.

And to be honest, making an example for the Fallacy of Four Terms is hard because most people aren't stupid enough to commit one. I thought of making an example about that argument that goes "see how Tobi sounds like Tobirama?", but, even if it does commit the fallacy, one only knows it has four terms if one has knowledge of the Japanese language so it wouldn't be as easily comprehensible for laymen.

I resorted to the Buddhism example because it's much easier to spot where the mistake is, since "path" and "realm" are different words so people would instantly know there's four terms. My intention was to make a simple example, not to accuse KYF of committing the fallacy. Did he commit the fallacy?! I could quote William Shakespeare on the matter, but it doesn't really matter, it was never about KYF in the first place. It was all about logic and using it properly.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
Miburo (11-05-2011), Vishnu (11-20-2011)