Re: Gaddafi is dead.
OT: Honestly, our media and Libya's media portray Gaddafi differently. From a couple different sources. He was all about bettering his people, and if you look into it he actually did some pretty awesome things, that of course we would never hear about. Yes he may have had to do a few fucked up things to get into power, and stay in power, he was much like a "danzo" I guess if it helps understand, but imagine how many ways its been twisted before anybody in say the U.S. hears about it? I'm not saying he didn't do fucked up shit, but we really have no clue what he did, or didn't do, just what were told he did.
Here are some things our media and politicians don't tell you about Gaddafi
1. There is no electricity bill in Libya; electricity is free
for all its citizens.
2. There is no interest on loans, banks in Libya are
state-owned and loans given
to all its citizens at 0% interest by law.
3. Home considered a human right in Libya –
Gaddafi vowed that his parents
would not get a house until everyone in Libya had a
home. Gaddafi’s father has
died while him, his wife and his mother are still living
in a tent.
4. All newlyweds in Libya receive $60,000 Dinar (US$
50,000 ) by the government
to buy their first apartment so to help start up the
5. Education and medical treatments are free in
Libya. Before Gaddafi only 25%
of Libyans are literate. Today the figure is 83%.
6. Should Libyans want to take up farming career,
they would receive farming
land, a farming house, equipments, seeds and
livestock to kick- start their farms
– all for free.
7. If Libyans cannot find the education or medical
facilities they need in Libya,
the government funds them to go abroad for it –
not only free but they get US
$2, 300/mth accommodation and car allowance.
8. In Libyan, if a Libyan buys a car, the government
subsidized 50% of the price.
9. The price of petrol in Libya is $0. 14 per liter.
10. Libya has no external debt and its reserves
amount to $150 billion – now
11. If a Libyan is unable to get employment after
graduation the state would
pay the average salary of the profession as if he or
she is employed until
employment is found.
12. A portion of Libyan oil sale is, credited directly to
the bank accounts of all
13. A mother who gave birth to a child receive US
14. 40 loaves of bread in Libya costs $ 0.15
15. 25% of Libyans have a university degree
16. Gaddafi carried out the world’s largest irrigation
project, known as the Great
Man-Made River project, to make water readily
available throughout the desert
Just saying, the guy might not be as evil as everyone thinks he is.
"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -M. K. Gandhi