Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Death Penalty
Thread: Death Penalty
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 06:29 PM   #2
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,648 Times in 1,597 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: Death Penalty

I'm all for it, as long as the crime warrants it, and overwhelming evidence is used to convict the guy. We have way to many people locked up for crimes they didn't do, that have only recently been acquitted due to DNA evidence. Taking a persons life via death penalty is serious business, and I think cases that end in death convictions should be re-investigated by some 3rd party law enforcement agency just prior to the sentence being carried out, instead of the "review" system currently in place that just double checks the old case info and doesn't even attempt to bring any new evidence the table.

As for whether or not it's morally objectionable to kill a guy, I'd have to go with not. I'm all for the Hammurabi code of an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, and a life for a life. We need more of that, instead of putting some mass murdering bastard behind bars for life, sponging off tax payer dollars. But that's just me. Mmm, dinnertime. I'll write more later.

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote