Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Death Penalty
Thread: Death Penalty
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 09:51 PM   #3
xxMESTxx
EffYouSeeKay

xxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enough
Re: Death Penalty

I'll go ahead and tell you I'm completely for it, but for the sake of the argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
I'm all for it, as long as the crime warrants it, and overwhelming evidence is used to convict the guy.
So who decides if the crime warrants it? The same people who decide if he's guilty? We've sent innocents to jail before. You can't just give somebody Life when you take it.

Quote:
We have way to many people locked up for crimes they didn't do, that have only recently been acquitted due to DNA evidence.
Showing that our system is flawed, and with the death penalty in place, we still have the possibility of killing an innocent man.

Quote:
Taking a persons life via death penalty is serious business
I couldn't agree more.

Quote:
and I think cases that end in death convictions should be re-investigated by some 3rd party law enforcement agency just prior to the sentence being carried out,
I don't really get what you mean by third party. Like a federal group? Or an outside group that we grant the authority?

Quote:
instead of the "review" system currently in place that just double checks the old case info and doesn't even attempt to bring any new evidence the table.
That's the point of an appeal. If you have a halfway decent lawyer then there isn't any reason for no new evidence to be brought up. It still may not outweigh the evidence stacked against him though.

Quote:
As for whether or not it's morally objectionable to kill a guy, I'd have to go with not. I'm all for the Hammurabi code of an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, and a life for a life. We need more of that
Well if it's not morally correct to kill a guy, then why is ok for our government to do so?

Quote:
instead of putting some mass murdering bastard behind bars for life, sponging off tax payer dollars.
So you prefer to kill him and let him take the easy way out? It would be way more satisfying to have that dude rotting in a jail cell for the rest of his life, miserable until the day he dies. Why should money play a role in this at all? Can a persons life be bought and payed for? No. That would be putting money>life. Which do you think is more important?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-man123 View Post
It depends on each individual case but I am for the death penalty, why should the tax payer pay for a child rapist to be in jail for the rest of his life if u ask me that seems pretty good for me three meals a day a roof over my head and if he don't wanna be killed just needs to get him self in to solitary they also have access to literature and in some cases even get a tv however there has to be 100% proof he or she did it also if he has absaloutley no remorse but if they mend there ways then a triple life sentence is enough
By the way typing from my iPhone may be mistakes
If you think jail is just 3 hots and a cot you haven't ever been. It's no party. It's fucked up and it sucks, It's a horrible miserable way to live, and to have someone know they'll never see the outside of those walls, and have them rot away day by day til the life literally leaves them, or they get shanked. Obviously anal raping occurs. Do you really think that laying somebody to rest, and giving them the easy way out is punishment enough? I've said before too, there isn't always 100% guilty people based off of evidence. Does that mean we should only send SOME murderers or rapists to death?

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -M. K. Gandhi

Last edited by xxMESTxx; 11-14-2011 at 10:19 PM.
xxMESTxx is offline   Reply With Quote