Fandom Forums - View Single Post - The Longest Thread Ever v28
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 03:51 PM   #14572
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,472 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold
Re: The Longest Thread Ever v28

I don't actually frequent any comic book sites, because the majority are based around superhero shit. If you're interested in superhero stuff, comicvine.com is alright.

I don't actually know of a good site that really deals with comics in their entirety. It just seems to me like Comics = Marvel/DC shit. Independent comics have never had a really strong, unified voice behind them. They shouldn't HAVE to be independent, but the big publishers just publish the same shit, and have done for the best part of a century. It's enough to put someone off comics for life.

Not that that stuff doesn't have it's place. It just stops the medium going anywhere, IMO. Comics are one of the best tools for mass communication, and all we get is 2 pages of adolescent dialogue and 28 pages of spandex-clad fight scenes every month.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
ACt (12-02-2011), Demi-God (12-02-2011), Mal (12-02-2011), manta (12-02-2011), Shrike (12-02-2011), Tzu Men (12-03-2011)