Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Us government's trick to violate civil liberties
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 05:25 PM   #30
almightywood
Missing-Nin

almightywood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
You must be new to debates. Or rather, debates that involve people not caring about what's politically correct. If you're being stupid, I'll call you stupid, since I don't like to pat people in the back when they don't deserve it. Also, when you make a positive claim, you have the responsibility to back it, unless you want to sound like an unmanly pussy that wants his bacon pristine all the times.
I'm all about discussions, I love them, I have them all the time for the sake of learning and knowledge like a proper discussion should be. I don't give attitude (before I get it) because it could throw people off, and make them not be able to tell me something I didn't know. I care way more about the knowledge than being right.

Quote:
Why should I google it if you're the one making the claim? Burden of proof's on you.

In other words, you're backpedaling. You said it's in the fucking Constitution and you even researched a law library that backed you up. That means you don't consider this BS but actually something to be considered, to the point of posting it when nobody asked for it. Now be a man and own your shit.
Be reasonable and take things the way they are presented. I told you what I meant by it, you refusing to accept that is simply proof that you are unreasonable, not that I am backpedaling. The existence of this section asked for it.

Quote:
Do you even read what you post?

That part of the section says that the Congress has the power to modify the laws of any territory/property of the United States, but it can't make laws that imply prejudice upon a claim (like the states that were included after the original Constitution was released) or State.

Nothing here says "US Congress has exclusive control of federal territories".
To quote an egotistical know-it-all, there's such a thing as reading comprehension, you lack it.

This is listed under the section detailing the judicial branch, and separate from the regular legislative branch. This little excerpt is stand-alone. In other words the executive branch has no say over this, and since it is listed as part of the judicial, it qualifies as that as well. ie. Exclusive control.

Now do me a favor and quit making arguments just to prove me wrong.

If you actually admitted that's all you care about it would be one thing, but you claim it's all about logic and learning. IF this was true you would have no need for the attitude. The attitude puts the lie to this whole little line of shit you like to shove down people's throats.

Last edited by almightywood; 12-21-2011 at 09:37 PM.
almightywood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to almightywood For This Useful Post:
matta (01-23-2012)