Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Us government's trick to violate civil liberties
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 06:19 PM   #50
almightywood
Missing-Nin

almightywood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
Oh, I totally get this. It happens all the time in math. When I was like four, I was sitting around and came across this on a page:

1 + 1 =

I was like, "holy poop, what does that equal?!" and a door of endless possibility was open to me. I literally spent days going "1 + 1 = banana" and "1 + 1 = the square root of the hypotenuse" or "1 + 1 = why women can't drive". It was awesome. A plaything in my hands which made me feel godlike.

Then, my loser father came along and taught me "1 + 1 = 2" and from there on in, my knowledge was completely limited what with only one option for the answer to "1 + 1 =". I was SO much stupider after that day.

I mean, who cares about knowing truth and reality when you could KNOW. SO. MUCH. MORE.
There's a difference between the revelation of the truth and the elimination of a possibility. One is conducive to level of knowledge, the other is detrimental to it. In other words this example doesn't illustrate my point in the slightest.
Quote:
who is this douche?

Oh, and I'm just going to post this again, because I don't think those it was directed at got it:
If that was directed at me, I don't see why.
I never made any claims about this, though I did provide links about this theory of someone else's that I graciously introduced you to, and never once claimed to subscribe to.

Last edited by almightywood; 12-19-2011 at 06:38 PM.
almightywood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to almightywood For This Useful Post:
matta (01-23-2012)