Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Us government's trick to violate civil liberties
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 10:09 PM   #59
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Obviously not the truth, you close-minded simpleton.
He even thanked this post. I don't even... we may need a sarcasm font.

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
The best example I could come up with would be a hypothetical situation.

People trying to discover fire.

One claims it is heat that generates it.
Another claims it is friction.
(though both are obviously speaking in caveman grunts)

They make fire by rubbing two sticks together.
They decide that friction is what causes fire and eliminate the possibility that heat does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
The fallacies of assumption that caused the improper elimination (though all their logical skills had pointed to this) is precisely the point, not evidence that it is invalid.
This only makes sense if your hypothetical cavemen are morons who decide to leave it at that. Of course, they wouldn't because with the creation of fire through friction they would have noticed that A) fire hot and B) friction make hot. Otherwise, why the fuck would they turn to friction to make fire in the first place?! Oh wait, because fire hot and friction make hot.

Try again.

(Oh, and you see how this works? By pointing out how you are wrong, you LEARN what went wrong with your reasoning so you can improve it. There you go - knowledge and learning from "eliminating possibilities". You're welcome.)
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (12-20-2011), kael03 (12-19-2011), Mal (12-20-2011), Miburo (12-20-2011), Numinous (12-20-2011)