Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Us government's trick to violate civil liberties
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 11:32 AM   #73
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
It's a concept that should be applied to everything you encounter in life, if you are really pursuing knowledge. If you were only pursuing understanding, then I would say you were correct.
Oh whatever, I simply have more possibilities available to choose from than you do, hence there is a higher probability that the one I choose to believe will be correct.

I still do all my proper deductions in deciding what to believe, I just don't ever eliminate anything.

Anyone who thinks they can state with authority that something is not so or unimportant is the worst kind of moron, one who thinks they aren't one.
Add probabilities to the list of things you suck at. More chances of being wrong isn't a good thing. You literally just implied 1 in 100,000,000 would be better odds than 1 in 10.

And your response doesn't address what I said. No one in here is really ever stating anything as absolute unyielding truth. If you think they are then you're the one misunderstanding how shit works. Not us. Like I said, everyone you're ironically calling a fool (while proclaiming yourself as some wise sage) in this thread would willingly admit that we don't live on the earth as we know it if they suddenly found out we were all in the goddamn matrix and in the true reality we lived on the moon of some gas giant or some shit. No one is claiming anything is set in stone. No one is being an idiot when they say we live on earth. You'd be an idiot to call them on that, or anything else, based on your pseudo-intellectual bullshit.

I will agree that the worst kind of moron is the kind that doesn't realize he is one though.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ACt (12-20-2011), kael03 (12-20-2011), Mal (12-20-2011), Numinous (12-20-2011), xxMESTxx (12-20-2011)