Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Us government's trick to violate civil liberties
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 11:49 AM   #74
almightywood
Missing-Nin

almightywood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Add probabilities to the list of things you suck at. More chances of being wrong isn't a good thing. You literally just implied 1 in 100,000,000 would be better odds than 1 in 10.
Actually no, I literally just implied that 1 in 1,000,000 is better odds than 0 in 10.

Quote:
And your response doesn't address what I said. No one in here is really ever stating anything as absolute unyielding truth. If you think they are then you're the one misunderstanding how shit works. Not us. Like I said, everyone you're ironically calling a fool (while proclaiming yourself as some wise sage) in this thread would willingly admit that we don't live on the earth as we know it if they suddenly found out we were all in the goddamn matrix and in the true reality we lived on the moon of some gas giant or some shit. No one is claiming anything is set in stone. No one is being an idiot when they say we live on earth. You'd be an idiot to call them on that, or anything else, based on your pseudo-intellectual bullshit.
Ah, but if I identify my stance as my opinion, and they challenge it, then that is indeed exactly what they are doing. If I make an uncertain statement the only way someone could ever proclaim it wrong is with a proclamation of absolute truth. People are just having a hard time grasping what they are arguing against. The only way an opinion can possibly be wrong is if it goes against absolute truth, otherwise the simple fact that is an opinion makes it impossible to be wrong. If someone tells you they like the color blue, how can you possibly tell them they are wrong?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
I will agree that the worst kind of moron is the kind that doesn't realize he is one though.
Good thing I've already Identified MYSELF as an idiot, can't say that applies to everyone in this thread. Let's see that makes everyone in this thread but me, HR, and axiom fit with this statement, since we all acknowledged OUR own stupidity.

Last edited by almightywood; 12-20-2011 at 12:05 PM.
almightywood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to almightywood For This Useful Post:
matta (01-23-2012)