Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Us government's trick to violate civil liberties
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 12:11 PM   #76
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
Actually no, I literally just implied that 1 in 1,000,000 is better odds than 0 in 10.
That's not what you implied before, and definitely not literally. But whatever. You're saying now that it's better to be uncertain than to be absolutely certain to be wrong. Which I would agree with, no one is advocating the elimination of viable conclusions after all. But if you're saying we're always eliminating the correct answer or the truth then that would kind of contradict your whole "If you say someone is wrong then you're an unwise fool" thing. So what is it? Are we statistically more likely to be right than you, or are you saying we always eliminate the correct answer and are certain to be wrong?

Either way, we either operate more intelligently than you do or you're guilty of what you're claiming we do and are unwise by your own irrational reasoning. Good job.

Quote:
Ah, but if I identify my stance as my opinion, and they challenge it, then that is indeed exactly what they are doing. If I make an uncertain statement the only way someone could ever proclaim it wrong is with a proclamation of absolute truth. People are just having a hard time grasping what they are arguing against. The only way an opinion can possibly be wrong is if it goes against absolute truth, otherwise the simple fact that is an opinion makes it impossible to be wrong. If someone tells you they like the color blue, how can you possibly tell them they are wrong?

Good thing I've already Identified MYSELF as an idiot, can't say that applies to everyone in this thread.
See, that's stupid. You assume stupid shit about us. Even after I told you that we aren't stating anything as absolute unyielding truth. We're challenging your stupid opinion on the basis that it is illogical in the context of what is currently known. You misunderstand and then whine like a retard using your mediocre grasp of something taught in introductory philosophy classes.

And of course you can't say that applies to everyone in this thread. With the exception of HR, no one else is being an idiot in here.

Edit: And honestly, not sure why I'm even bothering to explain this shit to you. Since you've already demonstrated yourself as the ultimate hypocrite in the fact that you're challenging our opinions which is the same as proclaiming absolute truth according to you. Surely you're not going to admit to being wrong when you're standing on the pillar of unyielding absolute truth. You have eliminated all of our opinions and are left with 1 option out of 1. The truth.

If you were as truly wise as you proclaim to be, you would acknowledge that I am equally as likely to being right about this as you are, since our opinions each represent but one of the infinite possibilities available.

I'm sure this wisdom will go right over your head though, and you'll continue challenging my opinion like a fool.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ACt (12-20-2011), kael03 (12-20-2011), Mal (12-20-2011), Numinous (12-20-2011)