Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Us government's trick to violate civil liberties
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 12:45 PM   #112
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
Oh whatever, by virtue of the very nature of my philosophy (or any other set of rules) I can completely tear apart anything that purposefully attempts to do the same to my beliefs (or me) and not be wrong.
Were your belief the common one, the growth of humanity would cease and no new knowledge would be gained. Feel free to tear that apart.

Quote:
It's pretty much the same thing as self defense clauses in the law.
It's illegal for you to pull a gun on me, but it's not illegal for me to pull a gun back on you.
That's, oh so hypocritical.
So it's hypocritical to allow someone to defend themselves when threatened, but not allow someone to threaten people?

Quote:
I can't even begin to fathom how you possibly think you weren't in the wrong to begin with when you went to tell me that my beliefs are wrong, since the only way you could prove that would be to completely prove they were absolutely impossible.
They aren't absolutely impossible, because the only thing that is absolutely impossible is definite proof through induction. However, your beliefs are improbable to the point that we'd may as well take them as impossible until further evidence suggest otherwise. The elimination of possibilities to discover the most probable cause is the single most important factor in the growth of humanity. Without deduction, we would be apes.

Quote:
How many people have died over religion in this world, and you try and act like there is nothing at all taboo about beliefs.
But I thought everyone had the right to have their beliefs respected? What if my belief is that the Jews have invaded my rightful homeland and must be eliminated? Should all Jews be expected to voluntarily line up for the slaughter, out of respect for my belief?

Quote:
If you were tell someone you disagree with their beliefs it would be one thing, but you don't do this, you flat out tell people they are wrong, which is why they aren't, and you are.
So, if I incorrectly believe that all flight is the result of magic fairy dust and happy thoughts, the physical world is suddenly altered so it becomes true simply because someone said two words to me?

Quote:
There is no possible way you could be right at this point unless there was no way you could be wrong. You are not discussing, you are not debating, you are only being rude if you don't have something more than an opinion to go on every single time you ever tell anybody they are wrong in their beliefs. Every person has THE RIGHT (a right is indisputable) to have their own beliefs respected.
Each person has the right to hold their own beliefs, not to have those beliefs respected.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
ACt (12-21-2011), ask me anything (12-21-2011), kael03 (12-21-2011), Miburo (12-21-2011), Numinous (12-21-2011)