Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Us government's trick to violate civil liberties
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 02:47 PM   #128
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

I am utterly rapt in fascination at the sheer audacity of this discussion. almightywood has literally defined every disagreement with his personal belief as an affront onto himself. This is must be the catholic defense in the debate world. To illustrate how I am interpreting this, let's go back to the easter bunny.

Person A believes the Easter Bunny exists. Person B does not and states that there is no evidence for the Easter Bunny and asks Person A to provide some. Person A says I cannot rule any idea out because it may be true.

End conclusion: Person B just made a personal attack on Person A and should feel ashamed with himself.

Did I get that one correct? I can just imagine how debates must go using this protocol:

Person A: I believe the current economic situation is sustainable and no change is necessary.
Person B: I disagree, and here's why (lays out counter argument.)
Person A: TAKE THAT BACK, YOU SULLY MY GOOD NAME WITH YOUR ATTACKS ON MY BELIEFS!
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (12-21-2011), kael03 (12-21-2011), Mal (12-21-2011), Miburo (12-21-2011), Numinous (12-21-2011)