Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Us government's trick to violate civil liberties
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 09:11 PM   #154
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
It doesn't matter AT ALL if it is relevant to you. If you are attacking my life's philosophy, WHICH I CLEARLY STATED, then you are making a personal attack on me. A personal attack on me isn't a sound argument. If we're talking about my personal philosophy, there's no such thing as a sound argument against it because anything that is one is a personal attack, unless it is something that completely disproves even the very possibility of it being valid. If it was any belief other than my personal philosophy then it wouldn't be. Simple as.
Yeah, yeah. Post the link.

Quote:

Change 'counter-arguments' back to 'attacks' and 'ad hominens' back to 'are an attack on my character', and you're talking, I'll go looking, since that's the only statement I need to prove.
No. You clearly said that counter-arguments are attacks. And attacks against your personal life philosophy are ad hominens. You have to prove exactly that. I won't hold my breathe.

Quote:
In my opinion, logic can be used to justify anything so, yeah, this is pretty much already the case as far as I'm concerned.
Your opinions are purely subjective and have no objective value. If you have an 'absolute truth' that demonstrates logic can be used to justify anything (Illogical statements fall under the classification of anything, so don't see how that's possible...), then post that. But I think you're better off proving your other things first.
Quote:

These are called the laws of respect that everyone has the RIGHT to by virtue of being born, not the laws of logic. I was told that all of academia disputes me, well go find me an ethics book that says you can freely attack another person's beliefs. If you're going to tell me that ethics don't apply in a discussion or debate, I will tell you to go straight to hell.
Religious persecution is criticizing someone's beliefs as much as criticizing them for their beliefs.
Post link to Laws of Respect and demonstrate how they're objective moral truths that I have to abide by. Asking me to disprove your claims is an appeal to ignorance fallacy. Here is a link that explains it: Link.

Edit: Oh, and pretty sure religious persecution involves a tad bit more than just criticism. And kinda deals more with, you know, religion. So not really applicable here.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (12-22-2011), kael03 (12-21-2011), Mal (12-22-2011), Numinous (12-22-2011)