Fandom Forums - View Single Post - The Longest Thread Ever v28
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 01:08 PM   #14681
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: The Longest Thread Ever v28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi-God View Post
First of all, I love Minchin and love that song.
Me too. Minchin's delivery is just awesome. The theory of gravity punchline has me in stitches every time I hear it.

Quote:
Perry with his being a complete fucking idiot and his advert (Gays in the military? Oh noes! How dare they protect their country?!)
That always baffled me. If he hates gays so much, wouldn't he be in favor of them serving in the army? I mean, in a right-wing nut kind of logic, that'd mean they'd have less chances to spread their icky gayness in the US, since they'd sent away to wars (or at least to military bases, away from the populace) and the chances of them dying would be much higher. Or maybe that kind of eugenics is too smart for your regular GOP runner?

To complete the ephemeral trends rant, Santorum is pretty much the political version of Bryan Fischer and I wouldn't be surprised they're somehow buddies.

Quote:
Only Romney is really slightly consistent but he's always been the safe choice, though he flip flops a lot on issues and it's generally believed he isn't human. Though I'm really happy to see Ron Paul going up, he has a few issues but he's the best of the worst and I would rather he get a chance than the other fuckwits.
To be honest, Ron Paul would get a guaranteed nominee if not for the bipartidary system of the US. If there were at least two right-wing parties, one more down-to-earth than the other, Ron Paul would definitely be the nominee of the former. But since that's not the case, he pretty much has to depend on the votes of (much) more extreme points of view which would rather vote for the Nut Of The Month or Romney (which I agree is too politically amorphous to be human).

The only way Ron Paul can be nominated with some margin of relief is if Romney somehow sunks his own ship or Republicans get a sudden case of centralism. Otherwise, it'll be a fluke.

Edit: Geez, is Bachmann's mission in life to look like she's about to devour everyone's soul with her creepy stare? The video frame just scares me senseless.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Last edited by Numinous; 01-04-2012 at 01:13 PM.
Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (01-04-2012), kael03 (01-04-2012), Miburo (01-04-2012)